Monday 7 September 2015

Have you ever been Satan to someone - the "Tempter" - thinking not in God's ways but man's? Often we are called upon to give advice. It can be casually or, in my case, sometimes as a professional. The person seeking my counsel could be a friend, parishioners or workmate. Regardless of who it is I am called upon in some way to witness to my faith and the confidence that I have in it. If I take the easy option or omit some of the teachings of the Church which I feel are unpalatable am I not becoming a stumbling block to the one being counselled. I damage not just him or her but my own faith. I need not speak immediately, unlike the impetuous Saint Peter, since I can, as he did, go from hero to zero. Sometimes the best option is not to wait. I might need to pray over my response and ask of the Spirit or recommend the person who is better qualified than me. In any event I need to tell the truth and listen to what God's plan is rather than to serve my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment