Tuesday 12 April 2022

Easter Vigil

 The Easter Vigil is the highlight of the liturgical year. I am always amazed that Catholics, who regard themselves as devout, can go willing through a Lord of the Rings movie but complain about the length of the Easter Vigil! The ceremony of light, the history of salvation, the baptism of catechumens, etc are all amazing experiences that plunge us deep into the heart of our faith and the salvation of the world. I encourage everyone to make the most of this opportunity and fully commit to engaging with it. To do so, together with the other rituals of the Easter Triduum, is to enact our deepest mystery and to affirm God's saving action in the world, not just in history, in this present moment and in my life to. As others enter the sacramental and full communion with the Catholic Church I can be reinvigorated in my own faith and filled with joy as the hope we share. 






No comments:

Post a Comment