Monday 1 February 2021

5th Sunday in Ordinary Time

St Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "... woe to me if I do not proclaim the gospel!" (1 Cor 9: 16) How many of us feel such an impulse to share the gospel? certainly, St Peter Chanel, Ven. Suzanne Aubert and St Mary of the Cross felt a similar obligation. When I find a good offer at the shops or some music that I think is tremendous, do I not share the opportunity with my friends so that they too can benefit? The "messianic secret" in the Gospel of Mark is a rhetorical device which tells us that the Good News of Christ Jesus cannot be hidden. Even when told not to individuals who encountered Jesus and were healed by him felt it necessary to tell others. Let us be prepared to witness to our faith and tell others how being Catholic has such a value in our lives. If I am reluctant to do that maybe I need to look deeper and discover more about how God has changed my life and renew my commitment to trust, love and follow Him, not only in going to Mass on Sunday but in every facet of my life. I encourage all parishioners to take advantage of the Alpha course and other prayer and Scripture groups in the parish where there is opportunity to discuss and share testimony of how God is living and active in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment