Wednesday 25 November 2015

1st Sunday of Advent Year C

Fear can come in different forms: anxiety - unspecified fear or fear of the unknown; phobia - irrational fear of a thing or situation; awe - fear in the presence of the Lord; fright - being startled, etc. My question for today is what will I feel in the presence of the Lord when he comes? Maybe I will die first and come into his presence or maybe the world will end and he will come to me? Either way I will encounter "the one whom they have pierced" and in his light I will see light and know the truth. What advice does the Scripture have for us?: "Be on your guard so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day will not catch you unexpectedly, like a trap. For it will come upon all who live on the face of the whole earth. Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Lk 21: 34-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment